Libragirl

How to ask mum for a bra?

• Author
  • So I know that I really need a proper bra and I have crop tops and padded sports bras and stuff but I don't know how to ask my mum for a proper bra. We are not that close and she's really awkward when it comes to puberty
    26 Feb, 2018, 03:55
  •  
  • just go up to her and like say "Hey mum I feel that I might need like more support for my chests like a bra" or something like that just like start talking about bras and stuff
    03 Mar, 2018, 08:40
  •  
  • Your mum went through the same thing so she will probably be more understanding about it. It is natural and even if your mum is awkward about the whole puberty thing, she will get over it.
    09 Mar, 2018, 01:48
  •  
  • I know exactly how you feel. The same thing happened with my mum and me, but I needed crop tops and I was 11. One day I walked up to mum and I said "Hey mum, can you buy me a training bra?" She was a bit embarrassed but she said yes.
    06 Apr, 2018, 10:32
  •  
  • Well first you should take the size test, which you find out what size bra you will actually need e.g A B. if she is really that awkward you could ask to go with some friends. If she is not that kind of mum there are really flat bras in certain crop top sections. Ask to go “crop top shopping and pick out that. A week later or so say you would like more like that and by a bra. Or you could go with a grandma
    06 May, 2018, 01:13
  •  
  • If you don't want to directly and seriously ask her upfront, this is a suggestion:
    Next time you go shopping and you are near the bras just hop in there and have a lil look around, then get your mum's attention and say something like "Umm, i think I need some sort of bra" or "which one do you like?" or "do you think i could get a bra from here?". I don't know, just a suggestion :) Good luck
    18 May, 2018, 03:03
  •  

You need to be a LibraGirl member to make comments or to pep someone. Log in or register!
(As a member you can also share stories and talk in the forum etc etc)

Have you forgotten your password?!
No worries! Just submit your username or e-mail address and we'll send you your details.
Don't forget to state your e-mail address (or username).
The email address (or username) you have stated seems to be invalid
An email with instructions has been sent your e-mail address.
A Server error occurred while trying to send an e-mail. Contact your administrator.
Email or username

Hello! Your browser is kind of old :-(
Please update to any of the following for that true LibraGirl experience:
Heppas

Search
  • Searching... Loading

Delete account

Your LibraGirl account is deleted.